Raised in South Texas, John Ross graduated from San Marcos High School. He followed that with four years as a United States Marine, serving as an infantry squad leader with First Battalion Seventh Marines. Immediately after, John attended Texas State University and completed a Bachelors in Business Administration with a major in Accounting. From undergraduate, John went to Texas Tech Law School where he again graduated with honors.
Since graduating from law school, John has had a distinguished legal career handling sophisticated matters for a wide range of clients. The below list is just some of the ways he has assisted the people of Texas and Arkansas:
- Designed estate planning and asset protection devices for high net-worth clients, including family limited partnerships, tax planned wills, and various trust agreements.
- Successfully handled multi-million dollar contested probate matters while maintaining cordial relations among the family members.
- Assisted countless families by helping them protect their life savings from nursing home costs.
- Developed plans for disabled individuals, including special needs trusts, to maximize their quality of life and preserve needs resources.
- Texas – all state courts
- Arkansas – all state courts
- United States Tax Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Current Member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Judge Advocate for the American Legion
- President of the Tri-State Alzheimer's Alliance
- Member of the board of Directors for the Christus St. Michael Rehabilitation Hospital
John has published articles on Elder Law and has been featured on radio, television and national publications like the Wall Street Journal, and Forbes Magazine. He has received many awards including Texarkana's Top Lawyer in Trusts & Assets from ALT Magazine in 2019, and Best Elder Law Firm from ALT Magazine in 2020.
John K. Ross IV, along with his partner Lisa, previously hosted the Aging Insight television and radio programs until 2020 and currently publishes the Aging Insight Resource Guide.
"My Husband and I hired Mr. John Ross on behalf of my mother. We needed legal advice, wanting to protect her assets and make the best decisions for her at this time of her life...working with Mr. Ross was a positivge and encouraging experience throughout a difficult time. My husband and I appreciate his legal advice and his patience."